Monday, November 7, 2011

Number XIII - First Taste

Not bad at all! This bottle was put into the fridge (ie. very cold so no fermentation would happen) on Saturday evening, having been bottled on Tuesday night, so it's perhaps no surprise that it's lacking a bit of carbonation even for an ale.

The flavour is good, the bitterness is about right, the hop flavour seems characteristic to the EKG used, but the dry hopped Cascade haven't come through much at all. I wonder what went wrong there. It's also a bit cloudy, not that that bothers me much but having a nice clear beer is just better and previous beers have been much better.

It's a bit less alcoholic than I feared, but that's a good thing - I thought that I'd produced a monster but it tastes around 5% which is still more than I wanted but within the bounds of normal. All in all I hope that some survives for the Brew Club meeting on the 25th.

No comments: